For my 30th birthday, Sonny, took me to New York City. After binge watching Sex and the City, I just needed to get there and explore. I’ve been to the city before, but only for a day to see a Broadway show with little time to explore. We went for 5 days and explored but honestly, we’re going back right before Christmas because theres still so much I want to see. This city is my new obsession, and exploring NYC during the holiday, like what could be more romantic?
Central Park. MY FAVORITE! Not only is it absolutely gorgeous, but it’s incredibly peacefully. I’m saying this as someone who gets anxiety when I’m surround by too many people. I sat on a bench and read the newspaper (yes, the actual newspaper) while the marathon runners were training, getting ready for the NYC marathon. If NYC isn’t on your bucket list of things to do, add it.
Just a few things we did while there:
- Walked around Central Park (multiple times)
- Brooklyn Bridge (crowded but a cool experience)
- Statue of Liberty/ Ellis Island tour
- Chris Stapleton concert at Madison Square Garden
- Mean Girls show on Broadway (my best friend surprised me)
- Ground Zero
- Tower One observation deck